Thursday, April 25, 2013

Term 1 Break


The break started with a party at my school


I made a sign, welcoming 3 Upolu volunteers to Savai’i (It was their first time visiting my island).


Twins! This is not the first time we accidently wore the same colored top and same colored lavalava

At Lusia’s



Sleepover



We had an American-themed bbq in the beautiful village of Manase. Also, we were celebrating living in Samoa for 6-months!








I met this man last month, and happened to run into him again. He’s from Germany, and is on a yearlong world vacation, visiting Samoa for 6 weeks. What he’s doing is so amazing!

As I was giving Lou a tour of my village, I noticed the back of my primary school’s sign. I’m almost positive this art wasn't there days before. Um, the greeting is about 4 months too late! Ha


Another sleepover

Kiri and I visited with our Aussie friend Toni. She’s building a GORGEOUS house in a village not too far from mine


My birthday was celebrated with some friends. Better late than never, right?


Having fun at McDonalds

Where our Early Service Conference was held. Beautiful view of Apia and the surrounding area


We participated in activities to support Sexual Assault Awareness month






Your 2013 Term 1 fitness champion! I completed my fitness goal 100% (32/32 workouts). The prize was $80WST, which is going to the “Help Lina Get to Amerika for Christmas Fund.” Ha. The next fitness competition begins next week.


Fiesta Friday


Some of the delicious food I ate during the Early Service Conference in Apia. Yep, I’m drooling looking at the photos. This type of food is not available in Savai’i. I guess that’s a good thing.
 
Lasagna!
Stuffed Eggplant!
Tostada! Yes, that's right, tostada! Obviously it wasn't New Mexican style, but beggars can't be choosers, right?

Tiramisu! The country director's wife makes the best food and desserts!
On our way to the wharf, the bus decided to break down in the village of Vaigaga. Fortunately, another bus picked us up. I went from having a comfortable seat in the first bus, to sitting on a stranger’s lap in the second bus. Ah oh well, at least I made it to the wharf on time.




I had a wonderful break with my fellow volunteers. There were many bonding moments that I’ll never forget.

1 comment: