Thursday, September 18, 2014

Close-of-Service Conference

"Welcome to your COS Conference Group 84!
This week was my group’s COS conference. COS stands for “Close-of-Service” and is the last big conference before a PCV completes their service.

We were fortunate to have the conference at a resort called Sinalei, located in Siumu, Upolu, Samoa. Sinalei is a 5-star resort and absolutely breathtaking. For four days, we were pampered in a room with air conditioning and hot water. The resort has a swimming pool, which is an added bonus. 



The resort’s food was absolutely amazing and is definitely the best food I’ve ever eaten in Samoa.


My group was mighty happy with the fast food! Old food doesn't scare us!
The conference was centered on preparing us for readjustment into civilization and getting us prepared for life post-Peace Corps. It was an informative week and got emotional at times. It was great to reflect on these past two years in Samoa. 


We have no problem writing above, below, and beside each other
The cabbage questions activity
My cabbage questions
I’ve written this many times on my blog and/or wrote it on Facebook, but I'll write it again: Where has the time gone? I can’t believe I just had my COS conference. 

Below you’ll find photos from the rest of the week at beautiful Sinalei.


Siva Samoa time! One of my favourite things to do in Samoa.
We (almost) did it!
Here's to just 11 weeks left!

No comments:

Post a Comment