Thursday, July 25, 2013

Term 2 Break


This post won’t have heaps of photos like my Term 1 Break post does. The reason being is because I didn’t really get a term break. I moved from Savai’i, and volunteered my time at a NGO in Apia. The NGO assigned me to work at a nearby pre school. I worked at the pre school for two weeks, until the children went on term break, then I worked at the NGO’s office for one week. After this, I moved to my new village, where I spent the week unpacking, settling in, and attending Peace Corps meetings. On a few occasions, I got the opportunity to spend time with some friends. Below are the photos:

Some of the preschoolers I worked with. These little angels lifted my spirits tremendously.



The first time Chris and I participated in an ava cermony. My role was the taupo (the chief's daughter) and Chris was the untitled man. It was our country director's final ceremony and we welcomed in new Peace Corps staff.



Beach day at Taufua, Lalomanu, Samoa



Special thanks to Madi for covering me with a lavalava/protecting my sunspots, as I had a rest. As Chris put it, "You look dead!" haha.



At the Peace Corps Country Directors' going away party. I will miss you, Dale!

No comments:

Post a Comment