Sunday, January 20, 2013

Bringing a Little Taste of New Mexico to Samoa


Samoa has avocadoes. They’re huge… about the size of a squash!


Being from New Mexico, I relate avocadoes to guacamole. So, I bought an avocado from the market, and placed it in a paper bag so it would ripen. A few days later the avocado was ready.

I added tomatoes, onions, and garlic salt. Normally I add jalapenos. Unfortunately, I didn’t see any peppers at the market, so I added chili spice instead. Back home, I top off guacamole with lemon juice. I couldn’t get a hold of lemons, either, but it’s okay because the guacamole was AMAZING!! I ate the guacamole with salt & vinegar chips… It was a delicious treat!

So delicious
As I was mixing everything together, the smell brought me back home, and for a second it felt like I was in Santa Fe. It was a good moment, but also made me miss my family.

It feels good knowing that I can make guacamole anytime I want, especially during those moments when I’m missing home.  
As I was preparing dinner, the power went out. So I continued to eat the guacamole.... Like my candle holder?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment