Monday, August 19, 2013

Thank You

Now that it’s certain I’m staying in Samoa, I must send my love and thanks to those that loved and supported me while I faced my biggest challenge in this country, thus far. I know I haven’t given much detail about my situation, but that didn’t stop people from sending their messages of support.

To my readers who sent messages: It’s humbling that complete strangers have been so kind. One even offered to send me a care package! Thank you.

To Group 84s parents: I know a few of you read my blog. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

To Group 84 and the lone member of Group 83: If any of you are reading this, I'd like to give my sincerest thank you. You all saw me at my absolute worst, yet still stuck by side and supported me. Thank you for the phone calls, text messages, hangouts, and hugs. If I didn’t have you guys, I would have probably given up and asked Peace Corps to interrupt my service. Truthfully. So once  again, thank  you.

To my friends in Samoa: Thank you for the calls, messages, and hangouts. I’m blessed to have met such great people in such a small country.

To my family and friends in America: Thank you for the messages. They brought countless smiles to my face. Some of you still have the ability to make me laugh, from 6,000 miles away. I miss each and every one of you greatly.

To my parents and sisters: While I know you wouldn’t mind if I left Samoa early, thank you for supporting my choice to stay, and being happy for me when I found out I get to stay. I love you and miss you more than words can describe.  

Whether you’re a reader who’s a complete stranger, an acquaintance, a friend, or a family member, you must know that you mean the world to me. I’ll never be able to thank you enough for the prayers, thoughts, and good vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment