Tuesday, August 25, 2015

I Found My Heart in FIJI

As I've mentioned in a previous blog, these next three posts will be dedicated to my travels after Peace Corps service, which took place in December 2014 (I know, I know... I'm a day late and a dollar short!).

Instead of going into detail, my posts will be photos with captions, steering away from long writing. I am choosing this route because my trips took place several months ago; therefore, not all details are fresh in my mind. Additionally, all the countries I've visited are so gorgeous that I'd rather fill my blog with photos than text. So without further ado, enjoy photos from my #1 travel destination... FIJI!

Note: When I add captions to each photo, the link to enlarge it gets deleted, therefore I've added descriptions beneath each row of photos.

pic name pic name pic name

Photo 1: I've dreamt about that moment for a very long time! Tofa, soifua, Samoa!

Photo 2: Hello, Fiji!

Photo 3: First stop: Hard Rock Cafe for mac & cheese and nachos!

pic name pic name pic name

Photo 1: Off to Mamanuca Islands, west of the main island Viti Levu.

Photo 2:  After dreaming about Fiji for years, I couldn't believe I was living my dream!

Photo 3: This blew my mind! These are boat taxis, where resorts from every island pick up their guests from the ferry, in the middle of the ocean... ON TIME! This would never fly in Samoa.


pic name pic name pic name

Photo 1Funky Fish Resort, Malolo Island. A nice environment, with free welcoming drinks and free WiFi!

Photo 2We had a private room in this dorm hall. We were quite excited by the showers... hot water!

Photo 3Lovely ocean views

pic name pic name pic name

Photo 1: It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

Photo 2: Off to Cloud 9.

Photo 3If you're ever in Fiji, you must go to Cloud 9! It is purely amazing!

pic name pic name pic name

Photo 1This party boat is in the middle of the ocean, has free WiFi, AND pizza!

Photo 2That entire pizza was mine!

Photo 3A lot of room to sit and lounge around.

pic name pic name pic name

Photo 1It's kava time! About the same strength as Samoan ava.

Photo 2I was the spokeswoman of the kava ceremony and demanded several rounds of kava... "Taki!"

Photo 3: Midway through the trip, we island hopped to Beachcomber Island (known as a party island). This island would change my life forever! (More on this in future posts)

pic name pic name pic name

Photo 1We stayed in a giant dorm.

Photo 2Great food, with buffet-style setup.

Photo 3 I had a great time with Mille, Michelle, and these ladies! Two are Aussie and one is Canadian.

pic name pic name pic name

Photo 1: ...and with this group!

Photo 3A perfect shot of me pointing at a school of flying fish! The white line across the water are the fish!
pic name pic name pic name

Photo 2: Drinking Fiji water in Fiji.

Photo 3: With our new friend Asha.

pic name pic name pic name

Photo 1: Cultural night.

Photo 2: Fire dancing on the beach.

Photo 3Goodbye, Beachcomber Island! Next stop, Suva, the capital of Fiji.

pic name pic name pic name

Photo 1Our "VIP" bus. VIP because it had air con haha.

Photo 2: Suva

Photo 3: Samoa wins the cool bus competition.

pic name pic name pic name

Photo 1Millie and I spent our last night together. Michelle stayed in Nadi. Unfortunately, Millie was a victim of pickpocketing. Luckily her passport wasn't with her, but she did loose cash, credit cards, and her camera that had all her photos from Samoa... A sad situation!

Photo 2We took a stroll through the market... Mango Heaven!

Photo 3Taro. Something I can live the rest of my life without ever eating again! Two years worth was more than enough.

pic name pic name

Photo 1It's incredible to see the sun hit the horizon and then disappear.

Photo 2A zoom-in of the previous sunset photo. Beyond beautiful!


While Fiji has officially been checked-off my list, I will be back one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment