Saturday, August 29, 2015

The Interview

Back in December, I had landed at LAX and was waiting to board my flight home. I was texting my mom when she told me that my dad had contacted KOB, which is my state's local news station. He told them about my Peace Corps journey, which got them interested in interviewing me regarding my experience as a PCV.

I was a bit hesitant, but I knew how proud my dad and all my family were of me and my Peace Corps accomplishment. Also, I knew that as a RPCV (Returned Peace Corps Volunteer), it is my duty to fulfill Peace Corps Third Goal, which promotes helping Americans understand the people and cultures of other countries. It is one of the three goals that supports the Peace Corps mission to promote world peace and friendship. So because of these two factors, I went ahead with the interview.

It took place on Christmas day and aired two times (maybe even more). Below you will find photos from the interview, along with the link to the interview.

Note: Once you click on the link, the video is at the top of the webpage, above the article.

Enjoy!

Stephanie, the news anchor who interviewed me


I wore a puletasi during the interview

Link to the interview:
UNM graduate returns home after Peace Corps service | KOB.com

UPDATE: The above link has since been removed, but I was able to find the video on another website:
http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/play/5521981

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!!!

    Hi, I just want to share my experience with everyone. i got my blank atm card 5 days ago and i already made a total withdrawal of $15000. all thanks to MR GEORGE.its is programmed for only money withdraws without being noticed and can also be used for free online purchases of any kind, it just took only 5 days to be delivered to me with a maximum daily withdraw amount of $3000. The card is encrypted with a microchip that enables you withdraw without any traces,You dont have to worry about how stressful it is to get loans anymore or about credit scores.If you want to contact them, Here is the email address blankatm402@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete