Saturday, August 29, 2015

RPCV Life and My Next Adventure

I've been home for 8 months now. Below you'll find photos of what I've been up to and a bit about the country I'll be living in next... A new adventure awaits!

As always, enjoy!
Greg and I met up in Vegas. My sister and brother-in-law met us there. 
So did Madi, Chris, and Zach! A Better Friends reunion! Vegas was one place we always talked and dreamt about when we lived in Samoa. I was so exciting that it actually happened!
After Vegas, my sister Jess, brother-in-law Nate, Greg, and I went to the Grand Canyon!
Then Greg traveled to New Mexico with us, where he met the rest of my family and I showed him around Santa Fe and Albuquerque. He is a Breaking Bad fan, so was quite excited!


Then, it was my turn to travel to the UK. Greg showed me around England and I met his family.

With Greg and his family

Greg and his brother Matt were great tour guides around London. Here we are in front of Buckingham Palace.

Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament

I couldn't help myself! 
Walking on the iconic Abbey Road! I am a big fan of the Beatles so was beyond excited!

Being home has allowed plenty of quality time with my family. I've enjoyed every second of it!
Easter with my family

We had fun at my sister Bek's cheerleading competition!

4th of July. We are quite patriotic!


With my gorgeous niece Jayde. She loves the matching pants I got us in Thailand. 


Update: September 5, 2015. I've added this photo because it makes me so happy that I was able to participate in Zozobra this year! The last time I attended was in 2012, right before I moved to Samoa. Zozobra is that giant puppet in the background. We burn him at the stake. It is such an amazing (yet strange to outsiders) tradition. If you're curious about it, Google Zozobra!

What's next? Well, these last posts have mentioned my boyfriend Greg. Without going into too much detail, I am moving to the UK to be with him and go to graduate school for an MBA! My business school is in the top-5 in the UK, and I couldn't more thrilled about getting accepted into the program! Plus, I was awarded with a really generous scholarship. I move in less than two weeks!

So this is it for this blog. Its purpose was to document my journey through Peace Corps service, which it did, and now you all know where the next chapter in my life leads me. I've mentioned in a previous post that I will keep this blog up and running because it has useful information for prospective PCVs. If you have any questions about Peace Corps Samoa, feel free to email me. I am more than happy to help.

While this blog is now retired, I plan on starting a new blog documenting my life in the UK, along with my travels around Europe. I don't like Blogger, due to the issues I always have with the photos, so will probably switch blog hosts. Until then, feel free to follow me on Instagram: @angelinaaugust.

Thank you to those people who've invested their time in reading this blog and sending me words of encouragement throughout my service in Samoa. It meant, and still means, so much to me. 
A special thanks to my amazing family who is so supportive of my adventurous spirit. I love you all so so much! 

I'm adding the video that documents my time in Samoa again, for those who have yet to see it: 



I'll sign off with a favorite quote my father once told me. I thought about the quote a lot in Samoa, especially while I was teaching. I'll keep it with me as I study in the UK:

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart..." - Colossians 3:23. 

With love,
Angelina / Lina

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!!!

    Hi, I just want to share my experience with everyone. i got my blank atm card 5 days ago and i already made a total withdrawal of $15000. all thanks to MR GEORGE.its is programmed for only money withdraws without being noticed and can also be used for free online purchases of any kind, it just took only 5 days to be delivered to me with a maximum daily withdraw amount of $3000. The card is encrypted with a microchip that enables you withdraw without any traces,You dont have to worry about how stressful it is to get loans anymore or about credit scores.If you want to contact them, Here is the email address blankatm402@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete